Hometown: Grand Rapids, Mich.
Residence: Grand Rapids, Mich.
Date/Place of Birth: Sept. 2, 1981/Grand Rapids, Mich.
Club: Twistars USA
Coach: John & Kathryn Geddert
School: Forest Hills Central High School
Year in School: 11th (Fall '97)
Years on National Team: 4 (1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96, 1996-97)
Began Gymnastics: 1986
Favorite Apparatus/Event: Uneven bars
Hobbies: Shopping, fishing, playing video games
Katie competed in the 1995 Atlanta Gymnastics Invitational, the pre-Olympic event at the Georgia Dome, and finished 13th all-around. She won the bronze medal in the all-around at the 1995 Visa Challenge, a triangular competition between the U.S., Belarus and China. At the 1994 Joaquim Blume Memorial, Teft placed third among several World Championships competitors from other countries. Her sister Jenny was also a competitive gymnast, and her brother Tim competes in wrestling and baseball.
- 1996 Senior Pacific Alliance Championships, Kuantan, Malaysia; 1st-Team, 4th-AA, 5th-V, T3rd-UB, 2nd-FX
- 1995 Atlanta Gymnastics Invitational, Atlanta, Ga.; 13th-AA
- 1995 Visa Challenge, Fairfax, Va.; 1st-Team, 3rd-AA, 3rd-FX, 6th-V, 4th-UB, 6th-BB
- 1995 Pan American Games, Mar del Plata, Argentina; 1st-Team, 4th-BB
- 1994 Joaquim Blume Memorial, Barcelona, Spain; 3rd-AA
- 1994 Hilton Challenge, Phoenix, Ariz.; 1st-Team, 5th-AA
- 1993 Catania Cup Classic, Sicily, Italy; 9th-AA, 1st-FX
- 1996 U.S. Olympic Trials-Gymnastics, Boston, Mass.; 8th-AA
- 1996 Coca-Cola National Championships, Knoxville, Tenn.; 10th-AA, 2nd-UB, 3rd-BB, 5th-FX
- 1996 U.S. Classic, Colorado Springs, Colo.; 8th-AA, 8th-V, T1st-UB, 2nd-V
- 1995 World Team Trials, Austin, Texas; (did not complete competition due to injury)
- 1995 Coca-Cola National Championships, New Orleans, La.; 9th-AA
- 1995 American Classic/Pan American Games Trials, Oakland, Calif.; 5th-AA, 5th-UB 5th-BB, 6th-FX
- 1994 Coca-Cola National Championships, Nashville, Tenn.; 8th-AA (junior division)
- 1994 U.S. Classic, Palm Springs, Calif.; 1st-AA (junior division)
- 1994 American Classic/World Championships Trials, Orlando, Fla.; 1st (t)-AA (junior division)
- 1993 U.S. Championships, Salt Lake City, Utah; 4th-AA (junior division)
- 1993 U.S. Classic, Austin, Texas; 4th-AA (junior division)
- 1993 J.O. National Championships, Baltimore, Md.; 1st-AA, 1st-BB, 2nd-FX, 6th-V, 8th-UB (children's division)
updated: 03 Dec 1996